The Ross-Tech VCDS package (previously known as VAG-COM or VAGCOM) turns your PC into a sophisticated VW/Audi diagnostic tool, that performs the functions of a factory VAG scan tools for VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda cars.
The Ross-Tech HEX-V2® interface is the new generation wired interface for VCDS, designed to replace the HEX-USB+CAN and Micro-CAN products.
The HEX-V2 is based on the technology of Ross-Tech's revolutionary HEX-NET® interface, which was completely re-designed from the ground up to be faster, more secure and more versatile. The HEX-NET and HEX-V2 are the fastest interfaces Ross-Tech have ever sold. They can perform Auto-Scans on 2005 and later models up to 3 times faster than the HEX-USB+CAN interface.
The HEX-V2 is a wired USB interface, for the most reliable connections, but now features a user-replaceable USB cable.
Using VCDS on a Windows PC, you can:
- Read and clear fault codes from all systems within the car, e.g. engine, airbag, ABS, instruments, parking sensors etc.
- View live data from the sensors within the car
- Reset service lights (both fixed and variable service intervals)
- Read stored and intermittent fault codes
- Graph and log live data with the car running
- Automatically read fault codes from all car systems in a single search
- Perform basic setting functions, adaptations and soft coding
- Activate service functions, such as Electronic Park Brake (EPB) to allow brake pad changes
- Supports bi-directional output test and component actuation
VCDS software features:
- Over 20,820 fault code definitions
- Free software updates
Official VCDS HEX-V2 interfaces from Ross Tech LLC, that work with:
- VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda cars with the 16-pin diagnostic socket including models using CAN and UDS/ODX protocols (i.e. almost all from 1995 to Current Model Year)
- Pre-1995 VW/Audi cars, when used with an additional 2x2 adapter (not included)
- Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS HEX-V2 interface
- USB link cable
- VCDS HEX-V2 'Quick Start' Guide
- VCDS Software updates at no additional charge
Please note that the HEX-V2 interface does not ship with software on CD - the full, licensed version of the software can be downloaded on receipt of the interface (full details provided with interface)
The minimum system requirements for the VCDS software are:
- Desktop, laptop or notebook PC
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Windows Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit editions)
- Approx. 100MB of hard disk space
- USB port
Slower computers or Windows 2000, XP and Vista may work but are not officially supported.
One of the benefits of purchasing the genuine VCDS is access to the Ross-Tech Wiki technical support site, which can be accessed by clicking this link.
* Prices PLUS VAT